The organisational structure of the Consortium comprise the Supervisory Board as the ultimate decision-making body of the consortium. It will be chaired by the Coordinator and will consist of a representative (supervisor or senior delegate) from each participants, and a representative of the project ESRs elected for a period of one year by the ESRs.
The Supervisory Board shall (CA 184.108.40.206):
- support the Coordinator in preparing meetings with the Funding Authority and in preparing related data and deliverables
- prepare the content and timing of press releases and joint publications by the consortium or proposed by the Funding Authority in respect of the procedures of the Grant Agreement Article 29;
- oversee the quality of the research training programme and ensure an adequate balance between scientific/technological and transferable skills training;
- ensure that the skills acquired by ESRs fulfil the needs of both academia and the non-academic sector in order to enhance the intersectoral employability of the ESRs;
- establish an active and continuous communication and exchange of best practice among the Parties, Partner Organisations, ESR and any stakeholders involved in the Project to maximise the benefits of the partnership;
- oversee the quality and quantity of supervision of the ESRs review the training and research plan every 6 months;
- evaluate and explore possible Intellectual Property commercial exploitaton;
- set procedures for the dealing with cases of scientific misconduct
MEMBERS OF THE SUPERVISORY BOARD (SB)
The Coordinator - Prof Stefano Sanguinetti
In particular, the Coordinator shall be responsible for (CA 6.4.2):
- monitoring compliance by the Parties with their obligations
- keeping the address list of Members and other contact persons updated and available
- collecting, reviewing to verify consistency and submitting reports, other deliverables (including financial statements and related certifications) and specific requested documents to the Funding Authority;
- transmitting documents and information connected with the Project to any other Parties concerned;
- administering the financial contribution of the Funding Authority and fulfilling the financial tasks described in Section 7.3;
- providing, upon request, the Parties with official copies or originals of documents which are in the sole possession of the Coordinator when such copies or originals are necessary for the Parties to present claims.
If one or more of the Parties is late in submission of any Project deliverable, the Coordinator may nevertheless submit the other parties’ Project deliverables and all other documents required by the Grant Agreement to the Funding Authority in time.
If the Coordinator fails in its coordination tasks, the Supervisory Board may propose to the Funding Authority to change the Coordinator.
The Coordinator shall not be entitled to act or to make legally binding declarations on behalf of any other Party or of the consortium, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the Grant Agreement or this Consortium Agreement
The Coordinator shall not enlarge its role beyond the tasks specified in this Consortium Agreement and in the Grant Agreement.
The Training Coordinator is appointed by the Supervisory Board. He/she is responsible for the success of the training activities and the communication among all ERS about training needs. He will lead respective actions in the Supervisory Board meetings. He/she will liaise with the ESR representatives, individial supervisors, industrial partners and the local workshop planning committee to adjust the training strategy and the network meetings. (CA 6.5)
Election of the Training Board: P. Koenraad (Training Coordinator), G. Bulgarini, V. Baumann, G. Bester, R. Warburton.
The Scientific Coordinator is appointed by the SB. He/she is coordinates the activity of the scientific board and he is the reference for research issues, monitors the scientific progress in each work package group and ensures integration across different research themes and work packages. He/she can suggest new activities for network meetings or for online content and set the agenda for the research-related discussion at the Supervisory Board meetings. (CA 6.6)
Nomination of the Scientific Board: B. Urbaszek (Scientific Coordinator), WP Leaders: W. Hansen, R. Warburton, A. Shield.
The ESR supervisors are in charge of recruitment and selection of the ESRs, will meet regularly with the ESR to discuss progress and provide scientific guidance and training. They assist the ESRs in drawing up a Career Development Plan and monitor their training progress.
Election of the ESR Recruitment Board: S. Sanguinetti, S. Bietti , H. Liu, P. Koenraad, S. Dorenbos.
The ESR Representative acts on behalf of the ESRs at Training Board level and is entitled to one vote. It is elected by and among the ESRs by majority of 2/3 for a period of 12 months. After such period, a new election will take place.